Geneses River in Rochester

trail.  Lots of backyard docks.

backyard sculpture

barge boat taxi to transport bikers and walkers

 Friday July 26 Rochester to Fairport 

I am using my phone to post this because my computer will not recognize any WiFi for some strange reason. I had yesterday all written and then poof. So I’ll have to post that when I get home. Sorry 

We had a very enjoyable ride today. Weather was perfect and we saw the canal at work. We stopped at one lock in the process of filling to watch several boats pass through. One of the waiting boats was a cabin cruiser and we talked to the captain. He and his wife had started their voyage in Savannah working their way up to the canal then working through the Great Lakes and back somehow to Savannah. The whole trip is taking them a year!

We also saw one of the drawbridges raised to let bigger boats through and finally we saw a tugboat pushing a huge barge up the canal. Pretty neat. 

I’m hoping I can get the photos to download. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog